The Effect Of Accidentally Swallowing A Fairly Large Plastic?
Hello, I want to ask, I was eating ciki in a package, there was a plastic sticker, it didn’t seem like a piece of plastic arrived inside and was swallowed … now it felt like something was up in my throat and felt a little short of breath even though I had tried to remove the plastic, but still could not .. am I okay “or should there be further handling ??? Please answer, thank you
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com
Basically, swallowed plastic will not be digested by the body and will most likely be ejected again through feces. If you feel that the plastic is still jammed / stuck in your throat, then you can try doing the following things:
drink in large quantities at once
eat fairly soft foods in large enough sizes, for example, just swallow bread in large chunks or swallow large marshmellow
drink fizzy drinks
swallow something that can lubricate the throat such as oil (vegetable oil or olive oil for example), butter, or butter
Sometimes the sense of the object being stuck in the throat is not caused by the object that is still stuck, but rather is caused by the slight injury in the esophagus due to the scratching of the object that was stuck. This feeling will disappear by itself in a few hours without the need to do anything.
If you feel you are experiencing shortness of breath after swallowing the plastic, you are salivating excessively, you have difficulty speaking, you have difficulty drinking or swallowing other food, immediately check yourself into the hospital for further evaluation. If you do not experience these symptoms, but you still feel the symptoms for the next few days, immediately consult your doctor for an ENT doctor for further evaluation and management.
So much information from me, hopefully enough answer