The Eyeball Feels Swollen And Protrudes Out?
Good evening, thanks for the question
Complaints of pain in the eyeball after long-term intense activity involving vision may be caused by asthenopia, also known as tired eyes. Staring at a computer or smartphone screen for a long period or seeing the environment in low light is most often the cause. Tired eyes can also be based on previous eye disorders such as nearsightedness or astigmatism.
Symptoms of tired eyes include:
1. Pain around the eyes
2. Eyes tense
4. Dry eyes
5. Blurry vision
7. Sensitive to light
8 It's hard to keep your eyes open
1. Concentration problems
Most of these conditions can be treated by changing the environment and lifestyle and not causing permanent visual impairment. Here are ways that can be done to handle and prevent tired eye complaints from recurring, including:
- begins to reduce activity for too long in front of a computer screen
- Give pause time to rest your eyes and your body which is every 30 minutes for 30 seconds
- provide an optimal distance between the eyes and the screen and use a comfortable and ergonomic chair.
- adjust the lighting of the computer screen and the environment where it should not be too dim or too bright.
- consider using special glasses when using a computer that can filter the frequency of light and color that enters the eye.
- use artificial tear drops.
- do eye refraction checks regularly every year with an eye specialist.
As for complaints of black shadows in the field of view or referred to as floaters are visual disturbances where there are particles or debris in the vitreous body located behind the lens, consequently shadows form in the visual field. Floaters on vision quality are still good and no abnormalities are found when examined by an ophthalmologist, generally only need observation and aggressive treatment is not recommended because the risk is greater. Usually patients are asked to adapt to these conditions. However, if the symptoms are persistent and severely disrupt the quality of life of the sufferer, it may be advisable to have surgery for vitrectomy or laser vitreolysis.
That's all, hope you can help.