The Frequency Of Giving Complementary Foods To Babies Aged 6-9 Months?
, I want to ask for advice on the schedule of feeding hours for babies 6-9m. r nI am still confused about when (what time) and how many times (frequency) large meals and snacks should be given to my child, and the dosage.
Hi mom, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Complementary foods (complementary foods) are given to babies when they are 6 months old. MPASI is not intended to replace breastfeeding. So that breastfeeding must be continued as long as the baby is breastfed. Here we write tips for providing complementary foods:
1. Prepare one type of mashed food, then mix it with breast milk, formula or water, with a ratio of 1 teaspoon of food: 4 teaspoons of breast milk / formula milk / water. For example, 1 teaspoon of mashed cooked alvocad, then mixed with 4 teaspoons of breast milk.
2. Examples of types of food that can be given are: mashed papaya, mashed dragon fruit, mashed steamed potato, mashed brown rice, and others. Steaming is better than boiling, because by boiling the nutritional value of food is reduced.
3. Change the type of food every 3 days. Watch for signs of allergies.
4. Increase the ratio of food to breast milk or formula or water gradually, paying attention to the baby's response. If the baby is choking, then lower the ratio.
5. At the age of 6 - 7 months, complementary foods can be given once a day (may be morning or afternoon or evening), then increased to 2 times a day. At the age of 8-9 months, increase to 3 times a day. The number of feedings is increased so that you can provide 2 snacks between meals 3 times a day (morning, afternoon and evening). Pay attention to the baby's response and don't force the baby to eat.
6. Start giving 1 tablespoon of solid food for babies, increase gradually, according to the baby's wishes and do not force the baby to finish food.
7. Give solids when the baby's mood is good. If the baby is fussy or crying, you should postpone complementary feeding, breastfeed the baby until calm, then try feeding him again.
8. Do not mix sugar, salt and MSG into baby food.
9. When they are 12 months old, children can eat like adults.
Thus, I hope this information can help you.