The Head Feels Hot And Sweats Only On One Side?
Hi I have a complaint, my head is often hot and sweaty but only to the right. Even though I was in a cold place, my head remained hot and sweaty. That’s why do you think? Do I need to see a doctor to check?
Hello, Nadia. thank you for the question on HealthReplies.com.
Complaints of sweaty head on one side can be caused by various factors, mainly related to nerves or sweat glands that are more active on one side of the body. Certain medical conditions can also cause these symptoms, such as:
- an increase in thyroid hormone / hyperthyroidism
- Harlequin syndrome, which is where sweat is only produced on one side of the body.
- Anhidrosis, namely the condition of anhidrosis (unable to sweat) on one side of the body that will cause cases of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) on the other side as a form of compensation mechanism.
- There is nerve damage
- Disorders of the skin
- Disorders of the sympathetic nerves
- the effects of certain drugs
If you feel worried and this condition is very disturbing, you can see a doctor as soon as possible. Handling will be adjusted to the conditions and causes experienced, consult with your doctor to get the best therapy.
That's all, hope it helps.