The Hiccups Don’t Go Away For 4 Days?
… my friend has been suffering for 4 days and has not healed, he has been able to hold his breath … he has been drinking water, but why does not heal …
Hello, thank you for asking with HealthReplies.com.
Prolonged hiccups (more than 2 days) can be caused by several things, namely:
- Indigestion such as acid reflux / GERD, gatritis, peptic ulcers, etc.
- The occurrence of laryngitis,
- Enlargement of the thyroid gland,
- The presence of a tumor or cyst in the throat,
- There is irritation to the eardrum
- and others
If the complaint does not improve, you should check with a doctor. The doctor will conduct a brief interview, and several examinations to help diagnose the disease.
Here are things you can do at home: Consumption of warm water and honey, take deep breaths, avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking, avoid eating too fast, consume enough water, exercise regularly, and multiply the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
Other articles you can read:
Thank you, hope that helps.