The Impact Of Chewing On Clothes Too Often?
I was 15 years old but still like to chew clothes even often if I’m resting at home what is the impact of chewing clothes too often? Can I get a serious illness?
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
The habit of chewing on clothes, especially after you are 15 years old, is a habit that often starts in childhood. This habit is often triggered by the influence of the psychological condition of the child or patient. And if until now you often have difficulty in regulating your emotions and psychological, then this habit will often be experienced by you.
In addition, several other reasons can also trigger this habit, such as:
1. obsessive compulsive disorder
2. the habit of channeling energy, especially when you are silent or inactive. This is often experienced by children or individuals who like to move
3. lack of confidence
4. easily anxious or afraid
5. there are dental health disorders
6. divert anxiety or to seek emotional calm
7. increase focus, because of long-standing habits
8. karenapica or interference with the habit or desire to chew and swallow food that does not contain the necessary food nutrients, such as metals, rubber, hair, cigarette scraps and others.
You should start evaluating and identifying the triggers of your habits, such as one of the conditions above. So you can control and prevent this complaint from happening. If related to certain medical conditions, then you should discuss with your parents, so that your parents will plan the examination and consultation with the pediatrician for growth and development or with a psychiatrist / psychologist. The doctor will conduct interviews and examinations, so that the doctor can help find out whether there is an underlying medical problem. If no problems are found that are at risk, the doctor can suggest improvements or adjustments to behavior and habits.
For now, several things you can consider, such as:
1. doing routine sports or beneficial social activities
2. avoid conflict
3. Get enough sleep
4. Reassure yourself, that this habit must be removed so that you can set your heart to divert this habit with something else
Thus the information that we can convey.Thank you.