The Impact Of Swallowing Cockroaches On 8-month-old Babies?
my child accidentally swallowed a round cockroach child … I just found out when he coughed choking, I panicked I tried to let him vomit but he didn’t get out of the cockroaches … I already gave the clinic a antibiotic … And there was no follow-up … we had the doctor wait for when he chapters 1×24 hours, but he hasn’t been in a chapter all day. But his son is still active as usual, even ravenously, breastfeeding is also strong, and there are no signs of poisoning or diarrhea. the cockroach? Does it die when exposed to stomach acid? And what actions should I take? Thank you in advance
Thank you for the question.
Cockroaches are creatures that usually live in dirty places. To survive, these animals can also consume a variety of foods, including food, plants, animal feces, soap, and certain inanimate objects. Therefore, it can be dangerous to eat cockroaches, especially in young children whose immune systems are still weak and their digestive system is still very sensitive. In severe cases, swallowing a cockroach can cause a child to experience indigestion (such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, colic), allergies (such as coughing, spasms, wheezing, skin rashes, itching, swelling), even other systemic symptoms that heavier.
Of course, not all children who ingest cockroaches will then experience severe symptoms as above. In the majority of cases, cockroaches are often mildly ingested, and may not even cause any clinical symptoms. This can occur because of a good immune system, because the child is not allergic to components in the body of the cockroach, or also because the cockroach's body components have been destroyed eroded by stomach acid and digestive enzymes in the child's body.
For this reason, if there are currently no complaints, the doctor will often recommend that you observe the condition of your child for 1-2 days. As long as no complaints arise, the possibility of your child does not need to be given special treatment, in addition to drinking a lot, eating a variety of balanced nutritious foods, and keep on doing activities as usual. So that similar incidents do not recur, you should improve the cleanliness of the environment around your child and avoid children playing alone without adult supervision. However, if later complaints arise as we have mentioned above, our advice, you check your child again to the doctor or pediatrician for further evaluation and treatment huh ..
I hope this helps.