The Impact Of Water Contaminated With Rat Carcasses?
, I want to ask already 2 days the well water smells like the smell of dead rats, take a shower, cook water, use that water. What I’m asking about is the danger to health? In the long run, what will it do?
Thank you for asking the HealthReplies.com Community
Rats are animals that can transmit disease to humans. Moreover, rat carcasses must contain lots of bacteria in their bodies.
The disease most frequently transmitted by mice is leptospirosis. Rat urine contains leptospira bacteria. Leptospirosis is a dangerous disease because it can cause death. Transmission of these bacteria can occur due to touching rat urine directly or through food, water, or soil that has been contaminated with rat urine. The mechanism of the leptospira bacteria will enter the mouth, nose, or skin and if there is a wound on the body it makes it easier for bacteria to enter the body. When these bacteria enter the body, they can attack the brain, heart and lungs.
With regard to rat carcasses in your well, it is possible that rats had urinated near your water source. If there are signs such as fever, yellowing of the body and eyes, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and other complaints after using well water, you should seek medical attention immediately.
This is the information that can be conveyed, thank you, hope it helps.