The Throat Feels Clogged Mucus After Swimming?
, about 4 days ago I swam, after swimming until now I feel my throat has clogged phlegm. I tried to spend but only a little, I felt annoyed. I wonder if it’s due to swimming or is there another cause huh? thank you
Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
The possibility of swimming pool water entering the oral cavity is the cause of your complaint. Especially if you swim in public swimming pools. Where in the water there are many germs that cause disease, both bacteria, viruses, fungi to parasites. These germs cause inflammation in your throat, causing phlegm production or throat secretions to increase.
Some things you can do to resolve the complaint, namely:
1. Clean the oral cavity routinely by brushing your teeth in a manner consistent with the dentist's teaching. Brush your teeth twice a day, in the morning after breakfast and at night before bed.
2. Also do gargling using warm salt water, you can do it 2 to 3 times a day.
3. Drink plenty of warm water, which is at least 2 L a day, preferably more yes.
4. You can also make warm honey water mixed with squeezed oranges.
5. Also consume over-the-counter mucolytic cough medicines, such as ambroxol.
If the complaint is getting annoying, you should immediately consult with your nearest doctor. So that further tests can be done to find out the cause. So you can get the right treatment according to the cause.
Thus hopefully useful.