The Time Is Right For Sputum Collection As A Condition For TB Test?
I want to know that the collection of sputum in the jar for the TB test can be done at any time, especially day and night? thank you
Hi, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Pulmonary tuberculosis is an infectious disease of the lung organs caused by bacteria mycobacterium tuberculosis. Transmission through droplets when coughing and sneezing. A person who lives in a house with poor lighting and air ventilation and a person who has a decreased immune system (HIV and chronic diseases such as diabetes) will be susceptible to this disease.
Complaints that arise in someone with pulmonary TB are:
1. Cough more than 3 weeks.
2. Coughing up with phlegm and bleeding.
3. Shortness of breath.
4. Chest pain.
5. Fever, weakness, lethargy, decreased appetite and drastic weight loss.
To make the diagnosis, the doctor needs to do a sputum examination (AFB and culture) and chest X-rays. Sputum examination is carried out 3 times, namely:
1. S: that is phlegm When coming for treatment for the first time.
2. P: namely phlegm in the morning the next day.
3. S: namely sputum when delivering sputum samples in the morning.
The treatment given is anti-tuberculous drugs. Choice of category and duration of treatment depends on the severity of the case.
I encourage you to:
1. Tighten your sputum sample.
2. Make sure you are not taking antibiotics for at least 1 week before the sputum sample is taken.
So, hopefully this helps.