Treatment For Kidney Disease?
Afternoon, is there a way to strengthen the kidneys so that they can return to normal, my sister is running out of dialysis, because the kidney’s performance is less than perfect, says the treating doctor, thank you
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Dialysis is a medical action taken to help the body get rid of toxins because of kidney function that is not optimal for removing toxins from the body. Indications for hemodialysis action can be done on the failure of acute and chronic kidney function, namely:
1. indications of dialysis in patients with acute renal failure:
a. metabolic acidosis, or impaired acid base balance
b. electrolyte balance disorders, such as hyperkalemia
c. poisoning that causes kidney failure
d. excess fluid that does not respond to diuretics
e. uremia or excessive blood urea levels that may occur due to cases of pericarditis, encephalopathy, or intestinal bleeding
2. chronic kidney failure, where there is a malfunction of kidney function due to underlying diseases, such as kidney stones, kidney cysts, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney infections. Dialysis is done if a Glomerulo filtration rate is found to be <15 mL / min.
Therefore, it is necessary to know the cause of kidney failure and an indication of hemodialysis action is needed. Consult with a doctor who treats patients is an important step to know the diganosa, treatment plans and prognosis or the possibility of improvement that can be experienced.
In connection with your question, the existence of an imperfect kidney performance, need to know the cause, and the prognosis that can be achieved during the treatment period, so that you and your family understand the possibility of the disease course experienced by your sister.
In some studies, approximately 5-6.69% of renal function recovery was found in patients with kidney failure. Whereas in the case of acute kidney failure with hemodialysis, there was an improvement in about 90% of cases within 1 year of treatment. Thus, it is hoped that efforts to treat kidney failure can be continued by following the plans of the doctors who treat patients.
Whereas the strengthening of the kidneys is done by giving a kidney disease diet to avoid getting heavier the kidney burden and worsen the patient's clinical condition. A general kidney diet can be attempted by:
1. a low salt diet
2. increase consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables
3. low fat diet
4. Chicken meat to taste, fish meat to taste, and avoid red meat depending on the doctor who treats
5. Limitation of fluid, depending on the treating doctor
6. reduce foods with high potassium and phosphorus content
For more detailed information, you can discuss with the doctor who treats your sister and or discuss with a clinical nutritionist at a large hospital in your city.
Thus the info we can convey.