Treatment For Meningitis?
Morning, so this is how my mother was recently hospitalized and the result of her diagnosis is suffering from meningitis, but lately she often complains of having a headache when looking down, the back of the head feels empty, her neck often feels stiff … what I want to ask the symptoms because of what? Is the disease getting worse? And what are the healing efforts?
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Meningitis is a condition of inflammation in the lining of the fluid covering the brain, namely meningens. This inflammation is usually caused by a viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic infection. Signs and symptoms of meningitis include:
1. Severe headaches that have never been felt before
2. Pain and stiffness when bending the neck (stiff neck)
3. There is a prolonged fever
4. Cough prolonged for more than 2 weeks
5. Decreased awareness
6. Weakness of one side of the limb
To treat meningitis, it is necessary to search for information about the causes of meningitis, whether due to viruses, bacteria, fungi or parasites by taking brain fluid through the spinal cord.
Treatment is done according to the cause of meningitis. If the cause is a TB bacterial infection then you have to take TB meningitis drugs for a period of 9-12 months.
To find out more about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of your complaint, you should immediately consult a neurologist.
Prevention can be done:
1. Treat the accompanying diseases such as HIV infection, Toxoplasma and so on
2. Maintain immunity by eating healthy and nutritious food, exercising regularly 3 times a week for 30 minutes, and resting for 6-8 hours a day
3. Consuming drugs and control to a neurologist in accordance with his recommendations
Thus, hopefully useful :)