Treatment Of Coughs That Never Heal For 2 Months In Children?
Afternoon .. My child is sick. I have been coughing for 2 months. Already treated and finally to a child specialist. The antibiotic azomax dry syrup is given every time you drink the full 3 ml dose. Only three days the antibiotics ran out. But the cough hasn’t healed too. The cold cough medicine is still there so I drink the cold cough medicine without antibiotics. I want to ask if it’s okay? Ask for a solution so that my child can recover.
Hello Rara, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
2-month cough complaints can be caused by several possible causes:
1. TB infection: TB bacterial infection which is characterized by coughing for more than two weeks, weight loss or body weight of the child does not go up, fever more than 2 weeks, there is a history of parents or family living together suffering from tuberculosis, there is a lump in neck or armpit or groin, and so on
2. Chronic bronchitis: cough for more than 2 weeks, due to inflammation of the bronchial airways, usually caused by bacteria or viruses
3. Allergies or asthma: allergies or asthma will increase the sensitivity of your child's respiratory tract and cause easy coughing and coughing over a long period of time.
to find out more about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of complaints that you experience, you should immediately consult a pediatrician or pulmonary specialist.
prevention can be done:
1. Maintain the immune system of children, if still under the age of 6 months, give exclusive breastfeeding, if it has been more than 6 months, give ASI and MPASI, if over 2 years, give eat healthy and nutritious food
2. Keeping children from getting infected or contracting diseases from other people
3. Treat immediately and do a direct examination to a pediatrician or lung specialist
thus hopefully useful