Treatment Of Gonorrhea And Symptoms Of HIV?

Illustration of Treatment Of Gonorrhea And Symptoms Of HIV?
Illustration: Treatment Of Gonorrhea And Symptoms Of HIV?

Halodoc. I am a 28 year old male. I did a gonorrhea test and it turned out positive and then I forgot which part the doctor said if I have a situation where I can be positive there is a part where the kab test shows the number at 44. What I want to ask is, is it true that if I am positive hiv my life expectancy is only 1 to 2 years as the doctor I visited said. And if I test positive, can I take Arv medicine and continue to cure gonorrhea? Thanks doc, please answer

1 Answer:

Hello Kailin,

Thank you for asking

Gonorrhea and HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) are diseases that can both be transmitted through risky sexual activities, for example if you frequently change sexual partners, or have sex with partners whose sexual history is unclear, without using a condom. Because of the same mode of transmission, people who suffer from gonorrhea are far more at risk to also suffer from HIV, and vice versa. Not only that, your risk of contracting various other sexually transmitted infections, such as genital warts, molluscum contagiosum, genital herpes, and so on will be even greater.

Diagnosis of gonorrhea can be done through laboratory tests, namely by using samples of urethral secretions, urine, or swabs of infected tissue. Meanwhile, an HIV diagnosis can be done mainly by blood tests. Unfortunately, you do not explain exactly what the results of the examination you are undergoing, so we also have no right to conclude whether you really have HIV, or just gonorrhea.

If based on your examination is indeed tested positive for HIV, then you need to undergo treatment as early as possible. So far, there have not been found treatments that can actually cure HIV. However, by giving ARVs, viral replication in the body can be suppressed, so that the potential for dangerous complications can be prevented, and life expectancy can be increased. How much life expectancy for HIV sufferers can vary greatly depending on the severity of the disease, treatment undertaken, and the general health condition of patients. So, this cannot be judged based solely on online consultation.

It is recommended that you consult further with a doctor or dermatologist who examines you to provide the best solution. If there are indications that require it, it is not a problem that HIV treatment is carried out together or in close proximity to gonorrhea treatment.

Hope this helps ...

: by

Related Question

Ears Feel Full, Bind?

Ears Feel Full, Bind?

(12 months ago)

Sorry, I already went to the ENT doctor until I got bored taking medication, but I still felt sick like mapett, or flu … it felt full of discomfort … the first doctor g... Read more

Stomach Still Looks Small When 13 Weeks Pregnant?

Stomach Still Looks Small When 13 Weeks Pregnant?

(1 year ago)

Excuse me, I want to ask now I’m pregnant, my pregnancy is already in the 13th week, but my stomach still looks small like I’m not pregnant, when I check the pregnancy,... Read more

Overcoming Body Weakness When High Stomach Acid?

Overcoming Body Weakness When High Stomach Acid?

(10 months ago)

Evening doctors ..! 3 months ago I was hit by high stomach acid, until I fell unconscious, he said if stomach acid goes up to ENT, it will have a lot of impact. Now what I feel is ... Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *