Vomiting After Consumption Of Dodol?
.. my 2-year-old son was given dodol, his father, when he was eating rice, it didn’t take long for the child to vomit … he slept when he was sleeping, he suddenly vomited, all the rice was all the same milk … he wanted to drink paracetmol vomit again … that’s what dodol poisoning …?
Hello Andri, thank you for asking.
Basically, food poisoning is sometimes not easily distinguished from gastrointestinal infections. Note if there are other family members who also eat dodol and gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea occur. If there is, then maybe dodol is a cause of food poisoning. However, it is also possible that nausea may vomit due to digestive tract infections.
Gastrointestinal infections are quite common in children, especially children who have started playing outside and in contact with the environment. Symptoms of course vary, such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, no appetite, and fever. In addition, systemic infections such as dengue fever or chikungunya, may also provide symptoms of high fever accompanied by nausea, vomiting.
The principle of handling vomiting and diarrhea is giving fluids. Give the child more water than when the child is not sick. Drinking can be in the form of milk, water, ORS, or vegetable broth and meat. Choose the type of soft food that children love. Try not to provide preservative snacks. If symptoms do not improve, or the child has signs of dehydration, take it to the doctor immediately. Signs of dehydration include:
Dry skin, lips, mouth. Children are sleepy and weak always. Little and thick urine. Avoid giving drugs without consulting a doctor.
That is my explanation. May be useful. Regards.