hello doctor, I want to ask. at this time we recommend using a mask when traveling but to get a surgical mask at this time is quite difficult. whether by using ordinary masks / fashion masks that can be washed many times it can be used? or are there other options? thank you
p dir = "ltr"> Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
Effective masks used in preventing and controlling the spread of the Corona virus are masks consisting of 3 layers. Where each layer functions as:
1. The outer layer is waterproof
2. The middle layer that functions as a germ filter
3. Inner layer which is useful for absorbing the liquid that comes out of the mouth
The three layers are in the surgical mask, but not in the fabric mask. Effective surgical masks are used by sufferers of respiratory tract infections to prevent the spread. However, it is not effective if used by healthy people to prevent exposure to germs. In the group of healthy people who are at high risk of contracting airway infections, can use an N95 mask.
If you are a healthy person (who currently has no symptoms of airway disease), the best attitude is to not go out of the house and wash your hands regularly using a hand sanitizer or using soap if it is dirty. If forced to leave the house, you can use a cloth mask, as long as it is used in the right way, namely:
1. Wash your hands before using the mask.
2. When wearing, hold on the upper rope then tie, then tie the lower strap.
3. Fabric masks are not to be worn for a long time. Where after from outside the house you must immediately open and then wash it before using it again.
4. After opening the mask, don't forget to wash your hands again.
5. Masks should not be installed. If it has been opened, then do not put the same mask back, it's time you replace it with another clean cloth mask.
In addition to using a mask when outside the home, don't forget to always maintain a minimum distance of 1 m from other people and avoid any physical contact.
Thus hopefully useful.