What Is The Danger If A Child Swallows Magic Chalk?
What are the effects and ways of treating young children who swallow magic chalk?
Good morning, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com. The product you mentioned is lime that is used to repel insects, so there are indeed components in it that can be very dangerous for consumption. Of course, despite the fact that chalk itself is not edible.
But if it has been ingested, there is actually no drug that specifically works as an antidote. If the amount of lime is swallowed in large quantities and causes symptoms of vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea or the like, our advice is that you should immediately take your child to the nearest hospital emergency room. The doctor will later consider inserting an IV to prevent dehydration or lack of fluids, as well as prescribing anti-emetic medications and stomach acid-lowering to relieve symptoms.
Meanwhile, give plenty of warm water and in the future, avoid small objects and attract attention such as chalk and camphor that children can think of candy out of reach. So, hopefully answering your question.