What Is The Meaning Of HIE / Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy?
.as ……….. I know … what is that … …… please explain
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
HIE is a continuation of Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy which is a syndrome of brain injury that disrupts the work of the brain due to lack of oxygen causing blockages in blood vessels in the brain.
Complaints to HIE that contribute to the spread of causes of death and disability in infants or cause asphyxia (severe shortness of breath in newborns).
HIE can be diagnosed through clinical complaints, and laboratory results. Clinical complaints can be severe shortness of breath, side weakness or other disabilities, causing death.
tests that can be done can be in the form of blood checks, work checks of the brain, or brain organs through MRI or CT Scan and so on.
To find out more about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of HIE, you should immediately consult a neurologist or a specialized child neurological consultant if it occurs in children.
Prevention can be done:
1. If the child is born in a tight condition, immediately handled by health workers
2. During pregnancy, take care of your health and your fetus
3. Maintain personal hygiene and the environment
4. Drink at least 2L of mineral water per day
5. During pregnancy and childbirth make sure the oxygen needs of the mother and fetus are sufficient
thus hopefully useful