What Is The Right Dose Of Vitamin K1 To Give To People Who Ingest Rat Poison?
, I heard vitamin K1 is very good to give to someone who is poisoned with rat poison. Because of its protagonist with anticoagulants. I want to ask, what is the right dose of vit K1 to be given to someone who is swallowed by 80P rat poison? Is it true that K1 vitamin sold in pharmacies is in the form of pills? packaged in medicine bottles?
Rat poison poisoning can occur commonly in people who want to kill themselves, or children who accidentally eat rat poison.
This rodenticide can cause symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, spasms, abdominal pain, bleeding, and other bleeding such as: coughing up blood, nosebleeds, heavy menstruation.
Provision of anticoagulants such as vitamin K is not recommended if there are no signs of bleeding. Some important things that will be done by medics include:
Provision of activated charcoal that can absorb the toxin in the digestive tract, this is the earliest to be done in the emergency department
The dose of vitamin K depends on the age and weight of the wearer. Please discuss with the treating doctor.
Vitamin K does have tablet and injection form. Both types have different indications for administration. Its use is adjusted to the condition of the sufferer.
You can find out more clearly about this with an internist. Please contact this internist specialist doctor immediately, especially if the patient's condition shows a disturbance such as the symptoms above. Thus the explanation, hopefully helps.