White Striped Tongue Like Cracked?
Hello. My tongue is white and uneven like cracked, why?
Hello Fio, thank you for asking with HealthReplies.com.
White tongue is usually harmless and temporary. This condition is caused by the papillae of the tongue experiencing overgrowth and swelling. However, there are several medical conditions that can cause these complaints. that is :
- Oral candidiasis. Candida fungal infections in the mouth.
- Leukoplakia. The appearance of white or gray patches on the mouth that is thick and feels hard / rough. Can be caused due to irritation of the mouth.
-Geographic tongue. Where the papillae on the surface of the tongue disappear so the tongue is like an "island".
- and others..
If the complaint does not improve or you feel other complaints, then you should do an examination with a doctor. The doctor will conduct a brief interview, physical examination and additional examinations if needed.
Here are some things you can do at home, namely:
- Maintain oral and dental hygiene
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Perform routine dental examinations with a dentist
- Expand the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
Here are the articles that you can read: https: //www.HealthReplies.com/4-conditions-causes-bid- white-
Thank you, hope this is useful ..